Please note that the rules for how rent is calculated changed as of July 1, 2021:
It is now mandatory that you complete and file your income tax return with Revenue Canada and provide a copy of it with your Annual Household Review paperwork.
What you need to do:
- Complete and file your income tax return AND
- Submit a copy of your return or Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment with your Annual Household Review Form
- Contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 to request a copy of your return.
- Visit the Revenue Canada website at canada.ca for helpful information and to find a free tax clinic in your area.
According to the Revenue Canada website, you can contact one of the following resources to make an appointment for help with completing and filing your income tax return in the Peterborough area:
- Happy Wanderers: Contact Grace Buck at (705) 745-4303 or email@example.com.
- Virtual Tax Clinic at Fleming College: Contact Shelly York at (705) 749-5530 Ext: 1133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Clinic at Trent Accounting Society: Contact Mitchell Parker at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Secondary contact is Jonah Kwok at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Clinic at Friends Peterborough: Contact Stephen Donaldson at (705) 745-8679 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Resident Services Coordinator or Resident Services Manager who may be able to provide further options.
Peterborough Housing Corporation